[mrtg] cisco 1720

Alexander Diers adiers at debis.com
Wed Jul 7 07:10:27 MEST 1999

Hi,

I'am using MRTG on a Linux-PC with several Cisco-Routers. No I have a
problem with Cisco 1720.
Though a ping and a snmpwalk with the same community is successful, I
get following error messages:

SNMP Error:
no response received
SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "ciscorouter" [xx.xx.xx.xx].161
                  community: "cisco"
                 request ID: 1623208679
                PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
                    timeout: 2s
                    retries: 5
                    backoff: 1)
No answer from cisco at ciscorouter. You may be using the wrong community
SNMP Error:
Received SNMP response with error code
  error status: tooBig
  index 0

Because of the successful snmpwalk command I infer that the connectivity
is ok.
I suppose that there is a problem with the snmp version on Cisco1720.
Does anybody know more about this ?

Alex.

Alexander Diers
debis Systemhaus GmbH