[mrtg] Re: Which oid is use by cfgmaker by default

Tim Kennedy sugarat at thunderhold.sugarat.net
Fri Jul 9 16:51:43 MEST 1999

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Frederic Thabaret wrote:

> Hie,
>
> I'm using MRTG since a few times, and I want to know which oids MRTG use
> to answer to a request similar as :
> 1:public at ls-cicg-atm.grenet.fr.

MRTG uses the ifInOctets and ifOutOctets here by defaults.  These OIDs are
loaded in in teh mrtg script.  Just search on OID and you will see them.
Then search on default and you will see how mrtg chooses which OID to use
as the default.

> I tried to replace it by something like ifInOctets and ifOutOctets oids
> but I couldn't get no correct answer from the atm switch I requested.

Change it in the actual mrtg script and let me know if that worked.
I change all of mine to look for locifInBps and locOutBps on my cisco
routers as the default and that works.

-Tim

Timothy Kennedy
Hate.org -- What do you expect?