[mrtg] Re: HELP

James Rice James_R at leonet.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 15:32:52 MEST 1999

I've been subscribing to the mrtg mailing list for several months now, and
there are occasionally really useful answers and useful bits of information
here.

But theres also lots of newbie questions that could be answered by reading
the documentation or faq, until I went on holiday two weeks ago, I used to
keep all the bits of non-newbie useful information that was posted in this
list, possibly to make into a faq addressing more advanced questions asked
here. mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch is supposed to be for discussion, isn't it ? Not
a newbie help centre.

It was tough enough keeping up before, but now, its just impossible. I think
it would be a much better idea to have another mailing list for people to
post their questions to perhaps a mrtg-questions at list.ee.ethz.ch , which
those willing to spend their time helping could subscribe to, and maybe
those who sometimes have time to help could view in a web format, and then
reply with an ANSWER to the mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch list.

Alternativly, keep the current system, with mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch being the
list people go to for help, constantly flooded with questions & answers, and
move discussion to maybe a mrtg-discuss at list.ee.ethz.ch, and the valuable
answers could be copied to there, or a mrtg-answers at list.ee.ethz.ch

Any thoughts ?
Cheers
James A.T. Rice
Sysadmin / Technical Consultant, LEOnet Ltd. (AS8943)