[mrtg] Re: Feature Request

Tobi Oetiker tobi at caida.org
Sun Jul 18 21:08:15 MEST 1999

Today you sent me mail regarding [mrtg] Re: Feature Request:

*>
*> On Sat, 17 Jul 1999, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
*>
*> > Can someone give me a pointer (or do the work) on tweaking
*> > the mrtg Perl code so that *MISSING* data (i.e. the router
*> > goes offline or the server stopped polling for SNMP data) or
*> > gaps in the data show up as a zero on the graph instead of
*> > a straight line with a value of the last recorded number?
*>
*> An alternate feature request:  What if the graph line(s) changed color?
*>
*> Another alternate feature request: What if the graph changed color when
*> the interface status changed?  Example: router1 is still responding to
*> SNMP, but serial0/0 changes status to down.

for such things you should definitly checkout rrdtool
www.caida.org/Tools/RRDtool

cheers
tobi
*>
*> Pete
*>
*> --
*> Peter J. Templin, Jr.
*> Systems and Networks Administrator
*>
*> On-Line Internet Services - URDirect.net
*> A division of Global On-Line Computers
*> 2414 Babcock Rd. Suite 106		templin at urdirect.net
*> San Antonio, TX 78229			(210)692-9911
*>
*> --
*> * To unsubscribe from the mrtg mailing list, send a message with the
*>   subject: unsubscribe to mrtg-request at list.ee.ethz.ch
*>

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, hacking RRDTOOL&MRTG @  Caida for the Summer