[mrtg] RT: Re: Monitor Sun CPU and Memory Usage

Mireia Norberto Bayona mnorberto at campus.uoc.es
Mon Jul 19 13:53:39 MEST 1999

Hello,

Jeff Liebermann wrote some scripts to monitorize CPU and memory
usage for a Sun server.

You can find it in the mailing list archives.

Cheers,

-> Missatge original de Charles Gillanders    per a
Huy_Vo at pagenet.com

I managed this but I had to change from using sun's normal snmp
agent
to using the one from UC Davis, take a look at http://ucd-
snmp.ucdavis.edu/

Once that was installed I looked around using a mib browser and
UCD's mib
files to
figure out what OID's to use on my systems for CPU and memory
usage, I think
the OID's might
change from system to system depending on configuration, so
there seems
little point in giving you mine.

If anyone knows of any other way to get this info, without
having to install
a 3rd party agent
I would be interested to know.

Charles