[mrtg] Re: [robin at funmail.co.uk: script problem]

Morten S. Nielsen msn at ipt.dtu.dk
Thu Jul 22 15:41:11 MEST 1999

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Robin Kearney wrote:

> Target[mail]: `/home/httpd/html/mrtg/mail-stats.sh`
>
> but nothing seems to get logged in either the graphs or the log files.
> For everything else (snmp) mrtg is working fine.
>
> am I doing something wrong?

Not as far as I can see, but are the scripts executable by everybody? It
is probably user cron or nobody that has to run mrtg an thus the
scripts...

Have you tried to run mrtg from command line?

you might try to redire the output of the commands to files

Target[mail]: `/home/httpd/html/mrtg/mail-stats.sh 2> /tmp/mail-stats.err`

or

Target[mail]: `/home/httpd/html/mrtg/mail-stats.sh 2> /tmp/mail-stats.err
> /tmp/mail-stats.std`

The latter doesn't give anything to mrtg but lets you review the data...

Servicepack SR12 for NT. Available at www.linux.org

--    Morten S. Nielsen    mailto:msn at ipt.dtu.dk
--
--  |   Linux - the choice of a GNU generation   |
--  |      Skaane Sjaelland Linux User Group     |