[mrtg] MRTG on NT problems.

cpt2 at daimlerchrysler.com cpt2 at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Jul 27 23:20:40 MEST 1999

Ken,

I use the MRTG Statistic Updater that is at the bottom of the MRTG home
page with a link.  I have it run a CMD file every 5 mins.  This CMD
file has the following syntax:

perl c:\mrtg\run\mrtg c:\mrtg\run\axx.cfg
again
again
- - - -
again

10 different cfg files in this CMD file.  However, looking at the Task
Manager I notice under the Processes "Image name" CMD.EXE starts to
pile up from 1 instance to about 10 as time goes by, from 0 mem usage
to 599k mem usage.  The ones with 0 mem usage don't seem to go away.
I'm wondering if this would lead the service to stall after a while.
Does the CMD not exit properly?

I'm not sure what you run from your example below Ken.

"What command line are you using to call them.  Here's what I use:
start "MPEXHUB3" /min cmd /c perl c:\mrtg\run\mrtg
c:\mrtg\cfg\mpexhub3.cfg
Ken"

Should I get CRON for NT or something similar?  Someone posted a batch
file using the sleep.exe command inside the batch.  Would that be
better?

Chris