[mrtg] Re: Summing output from different hosts in MRTG 2.2.8

David C Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Wed Nov 3 01:45:46 MET 1999

> I am trying to create a graph comparing the sum of the output traffic
from 2
> web hosts to the the sum of the output traffic from two other web
hosts.  Im
> guessing the target would look something like this:
>
> Target[WebOut]: ifOutOctets:public at web1 + ifOutOctets:public at web2 &
> ifOutOctets:public at web3 + ifOutOctets:public at web4

Target[WebOut]: ifOutOctets&<Something Returning 0>:public at web1 +
ifOutOctets&<Something Returning 0>:public at web2 +
<Something Returning 0>&ifOutOctets:public at web3 +
<Something Returning 0>&ifOutOctets:public at web4

Will do exactly what you want. The problem is finding something on each
that always returns a zero. I would write a short script that did an
SNMP GET on the single OID and then returns to MRTG what you want.

David C Prall, MCNE MCSE          DCP Technologies
dcp at dcptech.com                       Alexandria, VA
dcppage at dcptech.com               http://www.dcptech.com