[mrtg] monitoring NT

Alexander Fichman alexf at ipexsoft.co.il
Wed Nov 3 18:15:51 MET 1999

I am about to implement NT CPU/Memory monitoring via MRTG.
the question is, what good is CPU usage monitoring at 5 minute intervals (as
it saves a snapshot of the system state at that particular moment)?
Of course it gives me sustained stress visualization, but I also need to see
the frequent spikes.
Memory monitoring has the same issue, though at lower priority. 5 minute
intervals give me the sustained usage and a tool to capture memory leaks on
the machine over time, but not processes kicking in and out.
Running MRTG at *very* low intervals is not feasible due to performance
issues.

Any thoughts on the matter?

alexf