[mrtg] Re: mrtg2.8.8 and blank graphs

Robin Burger robin.burger at bms.com
Wed Nov 3 19:03:42 MET 1999

Ian Stong wrote:

> On a solaris system running SunOS.7 everything seems to compile ok.  I then
> ran cfgmaker, mrtg and indexmaker.   No errors are returned but...
>  the graphs are blank when viewing them via a web browser.  Ideas???

When you run the snmpget on the same OID, does it work ok?

When you check your 'log' file created in your 'WorkDir:' is the first line
correct? - Did MRTG return a value into this file?  Does it increment?

If only the first line is in the 'log' file, then you may need to change
option... This is especially true if your value that you are looking for does
NOT increment.

    Options[hostname.com]: gauge absolute