[mrtg] Re: OID for 2511

Bill Nash billn at globalcenter.net
Wed Nov 3 20:24:41 MET 1999

	Just a suggestion..

	Knowing what kind of data any equipment returns helps in the long
run. As a matter of habit, for any piece of equipment I find laying
around, I (gently) snmpwalk the device and store the output based on
system object OID. Browsing these gives you LOTS of insight into what data
the device stores, and it's such an obvious stunt that most people don't
think about it. There are some really handy mib browsers floating around
that you might want to check into, as well (scotty, tnm).

 Bill Nash (BN561)	  | A lot of biologists are nerdy geeks who, but
 GlobalCenter - Phoenix   | but for a twist of fate, would have been
 NSM - Engineering        | engineers - Ron Fearing