[mrtg] Weird error message in MRTG and Linux.

Allen J.D. Vailliencourt inetadmin at bju.edu
Thu Nov 4 01:34:00 MET 1999

Currently running MRTG 2.8.8 on a Caldera Open Linux 2.3 box.  128 RAM
and 4+ gig of HD space and Apache 1.3.9

Only running MRTG for around 5 devices and I have it setup in our
crontab (actually, not the etc/crontab, but the root crontab under
/var/spool/cron), to call the script every 5 minutes (5 scripts all at
the same time) and run the mrtg and rateup programs.

Here's the weird error messages I get on my console screens on the box:

hda: status timeout: status = 0xd0 {Busy}
hda: no DRQ after issuing WRITE
ide0: reset: success

I have no clue what this means and haven't been able to find out any
info on it.  I do know it has something to do with the mrtg program,
because when I stop the cron job, the messages stop as well.

Anyone have any idea on this oddity?

Thanks.