[mrtg] Temperature graphing problem from MEASURE UPS!

Mike Holley- mholley at deltacontrols.com
Sat Nov 6 20:08:31 MET 1999

Hi there,

I am using MRTG in conjunction with a MEASURE UPS II slot card in one of our
APC UPS's to graph the temperature of our server room, but I am having a bit
of a problem. The OID that returns the temperature value does not return a
simple integer, it returns for example "Gauge : 21" when the temperature is
21 degrees Celsius. Is there anyway to have MRTG ignore the text in front of
the integer value, or do I have to use some other program to strip out the
characters before the integer? In case your wondering, the OID that I am
using to get the temperature information is 1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.2.1.1.0,
this is part of APC's enterprise MIB declaration.

Thanks for any help,

Michael D. Holley, CNE
IT Technician
Delta Controls Inc.