[mrtg] Re: SNMP Error: no response received

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Tue Nov 9 16:23:47 MET 1999

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, Meir wrote:

> I'm new to MRTG. I just finish to install it and create a minimal
> mrtg.cfg file.
> The problem is I'm getting this:

	I'm not quite that new to mrtg but I'm getting this same kind of
error from NT systems.  The funny thing is that some of the NT systems
work fine yet others will consistently get this error.  They are all
configured identically.

> SNMP Error:
> no response received
> SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "192.168.1.2" [192.168.1.2].161
>                   community: "public"
>                  request ID: 457992865
>                 PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
>                     timeout: 2s
>                     retries: 5
>                     backoff: 1)
> SNMPGET Problem for ifInOctets.2 ifOutOctets.2 sysUptime sysName
> ifDescr.2 on public at 192.168.1.2
> SNMPGET: Failed to reach target: "2:public at 192.168.1.2". I tried
> multiple times!

---
"I do not fear computers.  I fear the lack of them."
                -- Isaac Asimov