[mrtg] Re: Network conf. changes ==> MRTG is messed up!!!

Bradford Woodcock bwoodcoc at bbn.com
Mon Nov 15 15:51:30 MET 1999

The key that I use is the ip address. I modified cfgmaker so the target
name is <rtrname>.<interfaceAddress> instead
of using the ifIndex number in the name. This
does not completely solve the problem in that you do have to reconfigure
with router changes. However it does easily
resync to the correct output file when the ifIndex numbers get moved around
a bit. Also I think there is an option
which may do something similar. Check the docs as I don't remember the
details. This also doesn't solve stuff in
subinterfaces but it is a start for us.

just a thought,

cheers,
brad...