[mrtg] Re: df2mr.pl script issues

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Tue Nov 16 20:23:07 MET 1999

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Daniel Curry wrote:

> Here is the output when run manually on the system I need the
> information from.
>
> viper:/usr/users/dcurry[203] >perl df2mr.pl -u /
> 96841
> 96841
> viper:/usr/users/dcurry[204] >

OK, rather than specifying "perl df2mr.pl" what happens if you just specify

/usr/users/dcurry/df2mr.pl

on the command line?  Perhaps the first line of your script doesn't
have the path to perl correctly specified.  Typically it should be
something like

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

You can try a "whereis perl" or "which perl" to find out the location of
the perl interpreter on your system, make sure it agrees with the script.

Also, which editor are you using, and was the script transferred from a
Windoze box?  Make sure you don't have an extraneous ^M at the end of
each line.  vi will show you if this is the case.

Jay Hennigan  -  Network Administration  -  jay at west.net
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  NASDAQ: NETX  -  http://www.netlojix.com/
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323