[mrtg] ucd-snmp and CPU Load Average (RH6.1)

Uffe R. B. Andersen urb at image.dk
Fri Nov 19 22:43:50 MET 1999

Hi Everyone

Recently I upgraded an older RH to the new RH 6.1, which comes with
ucd-snmp, as opposed to cmu-snmp in the former. It gave me quite some
troubles, due to changes in OID's for disk-monitoring, the fact that
ucd-snmp checks /etc/hosts.allow and so on. Almost everything is back
online though, expedt one thing - monitoring CPU Load Average.

This should be possible to do directly from the OID - I use
.1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.3.1.2 and .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.1.6.0, shown in same graph (the
later is number of processes and works fine) - but it the first one returns
nothing.

Anyone have an idea? I know this is not strictly an mrtg issue, but I've
been following this list for a while and not the ucd-snmp list - so I hope
I'm forgiven and that someone knows the answer.

--
Med venlig hilsen - Sincerely
Uffe R. B. Andersen - mailto:urb at image.dk
http://www.image.dk/~urb/

                        *** NEWSFLASH ***

Russian tanks steamrolling through New Jersey!!!!  Details at eleven!