[mrtg] Getdisk problems

Daniel Curry dcurry at dollar.com
Tue Nov 23 15:25:54 MET 1999

Hello all.

I am having some problems with getdisk.pl and showdisk.pl.  Last week we
managed to get them working correctly on one of my servers.  This week,
I am setting the same scripts and tests up on another server.  After
following the same instructions that worked on Viper ( one of my servers
) I am unable to get the scripts wokring on Prowler.  I modified the
/etc/inetd.conf and /etc/services files, but am not able to telnet into
the appropriate port after restarting inetd.

Here is the output I get form my Linux Box when I try it manually.

[dcurry at neon run]$ telnet prowler 9047
Trying [masked for security]...
Connected to prowler.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.
[dcurry at neon run]$

Can anyone offer suggestions?

All other telnet funciton are working correctly.  The showdisk script
does work when run manually on Prowler.

Thanks

Daniel Curry