[mrtg] Re: One more question..

George D. Nincehelser george at aaih.net
Fri Oct 1 00:51:31 MEST 1999

My two cents:

The FAQs for MRTG seem awfully disorganized to me.

First you go to the MRTG home page....there is a very sketchy partial FAQ
there.  This FAQ refers you to a MRTG FAQ site....a little more meat, but a
confusing and hard to read interface, and what is this about Shockwave and
Flash?

You dig down a little deeper, and several of the answers are simple "Look at
the config file".  Perhaps someone put those there as place holders and
never came back to elaborate, but as they stand, they aren't very helpful,
and it's annoying to be re-directed once again.

In my opinion a FAQ should expand on the existing documentation with some
discussion and examples, and it should be fairly easy to navigate.  The
existing FAQ falls way short in these respects.  It would be nice if someone
could devote some time to improving the FAQ, but I'm sure it is a difficult
and thankless task, so we may just have to live with what we've got.

Given the awkwardness of the FAQ and documentation, I think we should cut
the new guys some slack if they ask "silly" questions.

George