[mrtg] Re: 1 minute SNMP, 5-10 minute html/gif refresh

Stieers, Ken KStieers at dainrauscher.com
Fri Oct 1 13:58:39 MEST 1999

Actually, the cpu intensive stuff isn't the gif creation, its dealing with
the IO to rewrite the log files in their entirety with every poll.  This has
been discussed in the past on this list.  Look in to converting to RRDTOOL
as a back end, its much more eficient.  There are docs in the contrib
directory (/14all ??)  that cover this.

Ken