[mrtg] Re: 1 minute SNMP, 5-10 minute html/gif refresh

Rick Horowitz rickh at ValleyYellowPages.com
Mon Oct 4 19:11:36 MEST 1999

If you monitor that many devices once per minute, what does that do to your
throughput for "real" traffic?  Don't you eventually reach some kind of
"negative benefit" level with such intensive monitoring?

Rick Horowitz                          Cisco Certified Network Associate
Network Administrator                   Microsoft Certified Professional
Valley Yellow Pages                                 AGI Publishing, Inc.
Direct:    (559) 251-8888 x290                      1850 N. Gateway Blvd
Toll Free: (800) 350-8887                          Fresno, CA 93727-1600
Fax:       (559) 251-4806               http://www.ValleyYellowPages.com