[mrtg] Graph output when node is down?

Mike Handley handley at lightspeedtech.net
Tue Oct 5 15:48:48 MEST 1999

Hi,
  We had a remote site go down for about 2 hours yesterday that was being
monitored by mrtg.  The graphs for that node show
a steady in/output of about 300bytes on bri0/0?  Can anyone tell me why this
happens?  I would think the graph input for the port would at least be 0. Or
Does MRTG take the next reading it can get from the remote site and fill in
the unavailable time with this data producing the steady in/out rate?

Thanks
Mike

Mike Handley
LightSpeed Technologies Inc.                    Mail:
handley at lightspeedtech.net
					   Phone: 570-714-5078