[mrtg] Re: SNMP Temp devices

Tim Kennedy sugarat at thunderhold.sugarat.net
Thu Oct 7 16:15:29 MEST 1999

APC makes the Measure-UPS-II, environmental monitoring card.
It is a smart-slot card, and will plug into any so-equipped APC ups.
To gather data over a network, you will also need the APC Powernet SNMP
Adapter.

The Measure UPS II provides, by defualt, both ambient temperature, and
relative humidity readings.  Available, as well, are 4 contact switches.
Those can be used for motion sensors, or cameras, or alarms, or flood
sensors, anything you can get to trip a contact.

I beleive the APC part number for the SNMP adapter is APC-9605, but it
might be 9506.  I am out of the office and don't have the numbers handy.
I can't remember even an approximation of the number for the
Mesure-UPS-II.

They should run you about $150-$160 per pair of cards.  Or about $75 a
piece.

-Tim