[mrtg] Re: GetIf Documentation

Matt Connley MConnley at GiantStep.com
Thu Oct 7 20:33:55 MEST 1999

Neil:

I've found importing new MIBs to GetIf pretty easy.  All you really have to
do is drop the MIBs in the MIB directory, and restart GetIf.  You don't
necessarily have to erase the .index file; it should reindex automatically.
One tip I found: the error log provides useful information regarding MIB
compatability (i.e. if you need MIB-A before MIB-B... whatever).  Check that
after starting GetIf and you should be able to figure out just about any MIB
problems you have with GetIf.

HTH,

Matt Connley
Hosting Operations Coordinator