[mrtg] Re: Can mrtg just read from file instead of SNMP?

Clint Alexander Clint.Alexander at corp.ptd.net
Wed Oct 6 15:42:13 MEST 1999

This is what I was told, when mrtg runs, it queries the routers via snmp for
information.
There was a way that instead of mrtg querying the routers, it can read
information (usage) from a file
instead if given a switch on the command line. If possible, you can have
mrtg read from a file instead of
querying routers for the information, then build the log file for rateup. We
want to build the file mrtg can
read from, then build the log files for rateup.  So, in other words, mrtg
will work local on the machine,
and not do network requests at all.

Does this make sense ?