[mrtg] Re: --vendor flag

Tim Schuh tschuh at verio.net
Sat Oct 9 04:39:07 MEST 1999

<smartass>
I'm not sure if it's covered in the man pages or in the config.html
docs but it is covered in the source code (which you have).
</smartass>

It uses Cisco enterprise OIDs to get the values of ifAlias for each
enterface it discovers.  If your interface description is non-existant
(i.e. you didn't use the 'description' directive in your Cisco config)
then you won't see a difference except an additional <BR> in the
generated HTML.

--

Tim Schuh
Network Systems