[mrtg] ./configure error mrtg-2.8.8

BETA ONE beta1_version at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 19:48:53 MEST 1999

I have compiled 'libpng' (1.0.3) and 'zlib' (1.1.3),
but I do not know how to add the path in the
configure file for mrtg-2.8.8 software.

I think this is the problem.  Please help...

here is the output I got when I executed the configure
file.

# ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a
cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for perl... /usr/local/bin/perl
checking for acos in -lm... yes
checking for gdImageGif in -lgd... no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... no

** The GD library is required for rateup to compile.
   Get it from http://www.boutell.com, compile it and
   use either --with-gd-lib=DIR and --with-gd-inc=DIR
to specify
   its location. You might also have to use
--with-z-inc, --with-z-lib
   and --with-png-inc, --with-png-lib for gd versions
1.6 and higher.
   Check config.log for more information on the
problem.

=====