[mrtg] Re: Shiva Lanrover

KOCH François Athesa KOCH at ulysse.cea.fr
Thu Oct 14 19:55:34 MEST 1999

I use MRTG in order to monitor the number of lines that are used
simultaneously on a shiva lanrover/E+.
To do that, the only thing I could find is the OID
.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.shiva.sSystems.serial.serialPortTa
ble.serialPortEntry.serialPortStatus.n
It tells you the status of the line number n. If the line is used, the
status is 'packet' (other possible status are 'idle' etc.), so I had to
write a basic script that polls this OID for each line, count the number of
response 'packet' and merge the result with MRTG to graph it.
Be sure to have the shiva MIB installed on your MRTG machine and it should
work well.

ISDN and POTS line are on different servers, so I don't have to separate the
result but I guess I you want to do so, you'll just have to poll separately
the 2 groups of line by manually specifying the right SNMP instances i your
script.

Hope this help,
Francois KOCH
CS SI - Athesa / CEA Saclay