[mrtg] Re: MRTG problems under NT4 SP5

Robin Burger robin.burger at bms.com
Fri Oct 15 14:56:10 MEST 1999

# pwd
/export/home/src/mrtg/mrtg-2.8.6/run
# ls
BER.pm             abc.1              db.out             mrtg.debug
mrtg.test
SNMP_Session.pm    cfgmaker           indexmaker         mrtg.debug.num
rateup
SNMP_util.pm       cfgmaker.cisco.pl  locales_mrtg.pm    mrtg.hold.12oct99
abc                cfgmaker_ip        mrtg               mrtg.orginal

?? Not sure if NT is anything like UNIX, but if you check into the file
''SNMP_util.pm'' you will see some of the stuff to decode the MIB address.

             (OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0)
         'iso' => '1',
         'org' => '1.3',
         'dod' => '1.3.6',
    'internet' => '1.3.6.1',
        'mgmt' => '1.3.6.1.2',
       'mib-2' => '1.3.6.1.2.1',
      'system' => '1.3.6.1.2.1.1',
    'sysDescr' => '1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0',

i.e.
     1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0
resolves to
     iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysDescr

So it does 'resolve' ... (shrug shoulders) maybe there path is wrong?

Not sure... I am still trying to figure out MRTG myself... But I do know
how to look up the mib, and it does resolve...

Robin