[mrtg] MRTG read values units

Alexander Fichman alexf at ipexsoft.co.il
Mon Oct 18 19:17:02 MEST 1999

Hi.
I'm new to this list and to MRTG, so bear with me...
I am setting up MRTG on NT to monitor my small LAN's main switch - BayStack
350T .
Cfgmaker produced a working .cfg file of all 100Mb/s ports (16 of them) and
draws the graphs like charm. the monitored objects are (from GetIf2.2):
.iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInOctets  and
.iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutOctets .
My understanding is that each time scanned, MRTG subtracts the last value
read from the new one. My question is, what does the number conceived
represent? Bytes? Kbytes?
MRTG shows ridiculously low numbers on the side bar - 8K, 30K etc. which
cannot be correct. It does find the correct port speeds
(MaxBytes[192.168.216.253.1]: 12500000 in the header of each port).
 How do I change the units to correct ones? What are the correct units?

Thanx a lot ,

Alexander Fichman
Ipex Software Ind.
SysAdmin