[mrtg] Re: snmp question?

David C Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Tue Oct 19 15:15:29 MEST 1999

> I am unable to snmpget information from a
> switch.
>
> I have used the same comunity string for
> other switch and it work fine.
> Do I need to set up a community on my switch?
> If so, how?

You most likely need to configure a community string, perhaps even an IP
Address. I have no clue as to how to setup a community on an unknown
switch. I have available to me Chipcom, 3com, Cisco, Cabletron, Bay, and
a few others. All of the documentation for these is on their website.

David C Prall, MCNE MCSE          DCP Technologies
dcp at dcptech.com                       Alexandria, VA
dcppage at dcptech.com               http://www.dcptech.com