[mrtg] Re: mrtg-2.8.8 with use RRDTool

Matija Grabnar Matija.Grabnar at arnes.si
Wed Oct 20 16:50:57 MEST 1999

> Cricket has a LONG way to go.  I would like to see MRTG use RRDTOOL as it's
> grapher.

There is a patch that does exactly that. It is well hidden - I only found it
by accident when I went to look at the list of commands you can put into
mrtg.cfg - you will find the patch under the description of the
UseRRDTool command. It uses RRDTool as it's grapher, and you need a special
CGI script which creates the actual gifs when you need them.

The look is somewhat different from what we're used to and I'm toying
with the idea of going deep into that patch to see if I can't make it
look more like the "normal" mrtg.
--
"My name is Not Important. Not to friends.
    But you can call me mr. Important"  - Not J. Important
Matija.Grabnar at arnes.si