[mrtg] Re: funny graphs for NT cpu usage?

David C Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Fri Oct 29 03:55:27 MEST 1999

> I have been using mrtg for a while now and have looked at every option
> could think of to fix this... the cpu usage graph for nt has the blue
line
> mostly maxed out, with some dips... see this example...
>
> http://www.oct.net/mrtg/oct-www-cpu.html
>
> The cisco's cpu usage is what I want the nt's to look like.  see this
> example...
>
> http://www.oct.net/mrtg/bertrand-cpu.html
>

> both configs are as close to identicle as possible.
>
> any ideas?

It appears that you are polling the same oid twice. The first poll
causes the CPU to hit 100% when the second poll takes place. You need to
find another OID to use that always returns zero. Or write your own
little script that returns the actual value and a 0 to mrtg.

David C Prall, MCNE MCSE          DCP Technologies
dcp at dcptech.com                       Alexandria, VA
dcppage at dcptech.com               http://www.dcptech.com