[mrtg] Cisco 2900 series switches

Mike Handley handley at lightspeedtech.net
Fri Sep 10 16:00:42 MEST 1999

Is anyone else monitoring cisco 2912 or 2924 switches?  Alot of the graphs
come out showing that the
port is only moving a constant 30bytes out with no input traffic?  Could
this just be the switch polling the port? Some of the ports do have computer
connected, making me think that I should see sometype of input.

Looking at the port that is uplinked to another 2924, shows that the input
in switch1 is not equal to the output of switch2?  I would think these would
be very close to equal.

Has anyone else seen this or have any comments.

Thanks
Mike