[mrtg] OID's with Counter64 values

oivind.midtskogen at telenor.com oivind.midtskogen at telenor.com
Tue Sep 21 18:47:55 MEST 1999

Can someone explain how I should configure MRTG to handle OID's that returns
values with 64 bits length.

I am using MRTG to monitor links on Newbridge 36170 nodes. On ATM links MRTG
works fine with more or less default configuration. On FrameRelay links
things get more complicated.

I have to use a private Newbridge OID to collect stats on FrameReleay
resources from the network.
The type of this MIB object is defined as NncExtCounter64, this is the same
as Counter64.

When I run MRTG, rateup complains about errors in the log file.

	Rateup ERROR: ./rateup found vrd1bb.2297920's log file was corrupt
            or not in sorted order.Rateup WARNING: ./rateup could not read
the primary log file
		for vrd1bb.2297920
	Rateup ERROR: ./rateup found vrd1bb.2297920's log file was corrupt
            or not in sorted order.Rateup WARNING: ./rateup The backup log
file for vrd1bb.2297920
		was invalid as well

Looking in to the logfiles, all values ar set to 0.

Regards
Øivind Midtskogen