[mrtg] Re: Getting MRTG 2.8.8 to run on a RH 6.0 system

Yozo Toda yozo at aohakobe.ipc.chiba-u.ac.jp
Wed Sep 22 09:11:14 MEST 1999

> > .//rateup: error in loading shared libraries
> > /usr/lib/libgd.so.0: undefined symbol: deflateInit_

deflateInit_ is the routine contained in zlib library.
I suppose Hong's system doesn't have libz.so (libz.so.1.1.3 ?)
or ld cannot find it.

> > I referred to the archives for help but I did not see any reference to
> > version 2.8.8 and the closest reference had a different error message.  I

note that the error message is "error in loading shared libraries".
the problem is the same as in
  ld.so.1: .//rateup: fatal: libgd.so.0: open failed: Invalid argument
or
  ld.so.1: .//rateup: fatal: libgd.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory
someone see the problem that libgd.so not found,
someone see that libz.so not found (-:

let me put one question:

> Make sure you have installed the package gd-1.3-5.rpm from RH6 distribution.

it looks like gd-1.3-5.rpm is based on gd-1.3, which generates GIF files.
are there no problem?
anyone talking with unisys people about GIF license?
(oh, LZW algorithm license precisely?)

-- yozo.