[mrtg] Re: Getting MRTG 2.8.8 to run on a RH 6.0 system

Lubomír Bulej pallas at kadan.cz
Wed Sep 22 08:13:31 MEST 1999

Hi,

> .//rateup: error in loading shared libraries
> /usr/lib/libgd.so.0: undefined symbol: deflateInit_
>
> PROBLEM: rateup died from Signal 0
>  with Exit Value 127 when doing router '203.123.31.1.2'
>  code was 32512, retcode was . If this happens all the time,
>  you should probably investigate the cause. :-)
> -----
> I referred to the archives for help but I did not see any reference to
> version 2.8.8 and the closest reference had a different error message.  I
> would appreciate any help!!  Thank you in advance.

Make sure you have installed the package gd-1.3-5.rpm from RH6 distribution.
For compilation, it is enough to have gd-devel installed, but to run MRTG,
you need the library itself. If it's already installed, try to reinstall it
using the switches --replacefiles --replacepkgs and after that run ldconfig.

Lubos