[mrtg] Re: 95th percentile?

Tim Kennedy sugarat at thunderhold.sugarat.net
Fri Sep 24 22:47:58 MEST 1999

there's a script around somewhere called "calculate_traffic.pl".
It takes a begining date and an ending date, and tells you how much
traffic passed in that time period, and you can do the math with your CIR
or allowed rate, and see what percentile you are in for the month.

I lost the script though.  Somebody here ought to have it.

-Tim

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, George D. Nincehelser wrote:

> That's exactly what I've been looking for.
>
> I assume that there is a way an external script can gather the data and
> calculate the 95th percentile,  then pass that info in some way to MRTG so
> it can be graphed?
>
> I'm unclear as to the best way to graph the 95th percentile data.  I'm
> thinking that a simple straight line across the graph would be sufficient
> for billing purposes, but a trending line might look cool.  I imagine the
> line would best be reset at the end of each billing period.
>
> Thoughts?
> George

Timothy Kennedy
sugarat.net, Network Management Resources
http://www.sugarat.net