[mrtg] Re: 95th percentile?

Stieers, Ken KStieers at dainrauscher.com
Mon Sep 27 14:46:54 MEST 1999

> Giving this some more thought, I'm a little unclear on the
> current 5-minute
> MRTG graphs...Do the 5-minute graphs show peaks, or are they
> showing an
> average?

Technically its a rate, not an average.  Its not created by taking multiple
polls, its ONE poll.

>I've always assumed it was an averaged value, but I
> turned on
> "WithPeaks" to see what would happen.  I then get peaks on
> all the other
> graphs, but *not* on the 5-minute graph.  What am I not
> understanding here?

The weekly graphs are created by averageing 6 polls of the daily graphs.  If
WithPeaks is turned on, it shows you the highest poll of those six for that
30 minute slice of time (6 polls * 5 min).

HTH,

Ken