[mrtg] MRTG Scalablity

Neil Calvert ncalvert at cabletron.com
Tue Sep 28 23:14:20 MEST 1999

Hi all

A usage question for you all. I'm interested in how scalable MRTG can be in large scale enterprise
networks (upwards of 5000 nodes). Are any of you running it in such a complex environment and if so
how is it performing? I'm not looking for absolute statistics - more just a feel for how much it can
handle before it starts slowing down. I understand of course when talking about networks like this
one usually turns to OpenView, Unicenter, or Spectrum or similar, but it's awful hard for these
products to compete on the basis of price with freeware...

Neil