[mrtg] Re: indemaker

Matt Wibby Matt.Wibby at nsc.com
Wed Sep 29 19:25:07 MEST 1999

greetings ken and henry,

i hate to admit defeat, but ...

i have upgraded to 2.8.8 and i am running the 2.8.8 indexmaker with the -v
switch, but i still only get daily graphs, and none of the text data (max,
average, min) is displayed.  here is the command i am using (among other
variations, such as single and double quoting the m, pipes, monthly vs. m,
different locations in the options string, etc.):

system 'perl i:\WhatsUp\Web\mrtg-2.7.4b\run\indexmaker -t "Production Servers"
-v m -1 -b #ffff99 -o
i:\WhatsUp\Web\mrtg-2.7.4b\ithelpdesk\reports\prod_server.html
i:\WhatsUp\Web\mrtg-2.7.4b\run\reports\prod_server.cfg';

this just doesn't seem to work for me.  all the other switches seem to
function, except the -P/-p doesn't seem to have any affect. can you see any
blatant errors here?  there are no error messages generated by execution.

here's the reason i want the text data.  i have to generate a report every
month that quantifies interface bandwidth utilization.  currently i drill into
the interface pages i want and copy the monthly average values to my
spreadsheet.  ideally, i would like to use indexmaker to build a page of all
the interfaces i need for this report. the page would include the text data
that is under the monthly graph on the standard interface page.  the graphs are
optional.

i was hoping the -v switch, if i could get it to work, would include the text
data from the graphs, but it doesn't look like the functionality is there. do
you have any other ideas?

thanks for your assistance.

matt

KStieers at dainrauscher.com on 09/27/99 11:31:00 AM