[mrtg] Re: Mrtg to gather printer pagecounts?

Shawn Barnhart swb at mercury.campbell-mithun.com
Wed Sep 29 22:12:24 MEST 1999

| I would try encoding the OID from the root.. ie 1.3.6.1.... 43 etc etc
| instead of from the 43 OID. I think MRTG prefers OIDs presented that way
| (although command line tools often don't care).

Thanks!  That worked.

I'm not sure how useful this is, really, because the values change so
slowly -- maybe 350 sheets per day on a really busy printer, and only if
some bored person has decided to print out some huge Powerpoint file or all
the beanie babies for sale on ebay.

Maybe if I get to be a real mrtg expert, I'll figure some way to compress
the max and min values for the Y axis so that they are with 1000 units of
each other, and trends might be more visible.

-Shawn