[mrtg] Re: In / Out Upside down.

Stieers, Ken KStieers at dainrauscher.com
Thu Sep 30 14:03:07 MEST 1999

If you want to switch the in and out on an interface, you need to edit the
cfg file.  Cfgmaker doesn't have a switch for this.

The normal target line is something like this:

	Target[router.1]: 1:community at routerip

To switch the in and out, put a negative sign (-) in front of the target
definition, like this:

	Target[router.1]: -1:community at routerip

Note, this is only really usefull when you are using MRTG's capablitity to
interpret that the above target lines mean "Get the stats for port 1 of this
router."  If you are using the OID1&OID2:commmunity at routerip syntax, just
flip them (i.e. OID2&OID1:communtiy at routerip).

HTH,

Ken
P.S.  This is described in the MRTG config parameters doc file
(doc/config.html).