[mrtg] One Minute Polling

dmaxwell at sturgeon.irngtx.tel.gte.com dmaxwell at sturgeon.irngtx.tel.gte.com
Mon Apr 3 17:56:49 MEST 2000

Hi All!

Typically, I do poll intervals of every 15 mins.  Works great for everyday
stuff.  Some interfaces I poll every 5 mins.

For a short period of a day or two, while some application testing is
occurring, I need to poll 3 interfaces once every minute.  The polling seems
to be OK, but the daily graph says that it is showing a 5 minute average.

I am not prepared to do a conversion to rrdtool in a hurry and after this
test I will go back to 15 or 5 min polling.

Is there some param that I need to pass? I tried Interval and perminute, but
Interval does not seem to like values less than 5 and perminute deals with
like kb/min instead of kb/sec.

Thanks for any pointers!

    Don