[mrtg] Small values

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue Apr 4 01:33:56 MEST 2000

    I'm monitoring barometric pressure and I'm trying to figure out how
I should do it so that it displays properly.  The data I'm receiving
from the weather station comes in as a ##.## number (ej: 24.88 inches).
Since MRTG doesn't necessarily like non-integer numbers, I had to round
this number up, or down, depending on the value.

    What I'd like to do is be able to feed MRTG something that it can
then plot fairly accurately, and have the legend also display that under
the graph.  Even if it's just a single digit, that's fine.  So, say it
shows up under the graph as 24.8, instead of 25.  And the graph is
'sensitive' enough to be able to display these small changes.  Should I
feed it the values multiplied by 100 (so to get an integer)?  Is there
any other way of doing this stuff?  Any suggestions are welcome.

    Right now, I have this particular data combined with humidity, which
comes in values from 0 to 100, while the barometric pressure...well,
doesn't change all that much.  Should I split these two apart?  I guess
I would still be stuck with the fact that the barometric graph would
change ever so slightly, that MRTG may not be able to correctly display
the values - at least, not the way I'm doing it I guess.  Anyone?

    AMK4

--
W |
  |  Digital information lasts forever, or five years
  |   - whichever comes first.
  SysAdmin / Websmith                           .     800.441.3873 x130
  Photo Craft Laboratories, Inc.             .        eFax 248.671.0909
  http://www.pcraft.com                  .            3550 Arapahoe Ave
  .................. .  .  .     .                    Boulder, CO 80303