[mrtg] Re: Switch

Jeff Donovan jdonovan at beth.k12.pa.us
Thu Apr 6 00:12:19 MEST 2000

Greetings,
because switched ports are different segments, monitoring which port
has the most collisions would be very helpful. Although, if you are
going to do this for every switch you have, it could become quite a
task.

it really depends on if you need to see individual performance
statistics or overall statistics.

--jeff

>Hi all,
>
>I just got a switch, and was wondering what would be some of the basic/best
>things to monitor on a switch?  Total collisions, or collisions per port,
>errors, dropouts... etc?
>
>I'd appreciate any input from you guys.
>
>Chris

Jeff Donovan                    Network Analyst
Bethlehem Area School District  The Bethlehem Education Network (BEN)
Bethlehem, PA  18017            (610) 807-5557  jdonovan at beth.k12.pa.us