[mrtg] Corrupted Log files

Miriam O'Hanlon ohanlonm at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 10 06:18:35 MEST 2000

Hi,

I have just last week taken on supporting mrtg running on a unix system.  I
have not been involved in its setup and the previous employees who set it up
have left.

For the last few months some of the graphs some of of the graphs have not
been updating. This is an error we receive in our logfile below.

ANy help would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Miriam

Rateup WARNING: /opt/mrtg//rateup could not read the primary log file for
rba-r1.ipin
Rateup ERROR: /opt/mrtg//rateup found rba-r1.ipin's log file was corrupt
              or not in sorted order.Rateup WARNING: /opt/mrtg//rateup The
backup log file for rba-r1.ipin was invalid as well