[mrtg] Re: Timing question again...

Pekala David-p30198 David.Pekala at motorola.com
Thu Apr 13 04:54:24 MEST 2000

Option: gauge is what you are thinking of.  The manual states: "In the
absence of gauge...MRTG treats variable as a counter and calculates the
difference between the current and the previous value and divides that by
the elapsed time between the last two readings to get the value to be
plotted."

When I'm trying to perform the test on something like packets / sec, the
rmon uses a counter, correct? If so I need the difference between the
counters.  MRTG will return the actual value if I use gauge, right?  If my
assumption is incorrect, won't gauge just give me the value @ the 5 minute
point?

Thanks,
Dave