[mrtg] FW: Unused connections on Maxs

"Helmert, Jörg" Joerg.Helmert at Computer-Partner.DE
Thu Apr 13 22:46:47 MEST 2000

Sorry, forgot to include the list...

 Joerg Helmert

-----Original Message-----
From: Helmert, Jörg
Sent: Donnerstag, 13. April 2000 22:39
To: 'Josh Hill'
Subject: RE: [mrtg] Unused connections on Maxs

Hi Josh,

from the Ascend MIBs using getif.exe:

.1.3.6.1.4.1.529.10.5
is
.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.ascend.eventGroup.eventCurrentActi
veCalls

.1.3.6.1.4.1.529.4.24
is
.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.ascend.advancedAgent.wanSwitchedCh
annels

perhaps you wanted to try
.1.3.6.1.4.1.529.4.23
which is
.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.ascend.advancedAgent.wanAvailableC
hannels

from your mail it seems your looking for used modems and available modems.
I think the above OIDs count different things.
Some Data from one of our MAX 6000:

eventCurrentActiveCalls shows 9 which includes about 6 leased lines.
from my understanding this entry shows all active Lines (leased and
switched)

wanSwitchedChannels shows 30 which is the total number of channels on
our E1 Dialup-Line.

wanAvailableChannels shows 27 which is the number of digital channels which
are
unused on our E1 Dialup-Line

.1.3.6.1.4.1.529.4.26 which is wanActiveChannels shows 3
this is the total number of used channels on our E1. But this is the sum
of all analog and digital calls.
Could be there is no modem in use but 3 digital lines!

Did another search in the Ascend MIBs. Found some stuff on Modems.
Maybe I'll use them in future but maybe you can tell us if they are right...

.1.3.6.1.4.1.529.15.1
is
.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.ascend.lanModemGroup.availLanModem

and
.1.3.6.1.4.1.529.15.9
is
.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.ascend.lanModemGroup.busyLanModem

I didn't find a ".TotalNumberOfBuildInModems" but if needed
you could use the maths from "Daniel R . Kilbourne"'s mail
which arrived some minutes after yours.

Shows 15 avail and 1 busy at the moment which totals to the correct value
of 16 modems build on our modem card.

hope I could help you a little :))
did find some time for you today evening though its 22:30 in germany ;-)

bye,

 Joerg Helmert