[mrtg] Threshold trigger offset by 1 poll

Conexion Administration Admin at conexion.com.gt
Thu Apr 20 04:58:55 MEST 2000

I'm having a problem concerning the threshold checking and trigger setup.
What I observe is that: On the FIRST poll after a certain variable has
changed value, the ThreshProgI is not executed. On the next poll, while the
variablestill is outside limits, yes, the trigger program is executed.

Then: After the variable is again within limits, on the following poll
ThreshProgI is executed, although the variable is within margins at that
moment.

On the .cfg it looks simply like:

ThreshMinI[Watchdog: 5
ThreshMaxI[Watchdog]: 6
ThreshProgI[Watchdog]: Licstart.bat

As I see it, any variable returned that is either 5 or 6 should not trigger
ThreshProgI.

The two variables monitored are not the same, so there is no chance of
double execution of any threshold parameter.

(Apology section: Yes, I could dive into the internals of mrtg and find the
lines in the script, but that means learning YAGL. Yet another goddamn
language ;)

Thanks in advance for any help,

Regards, /Luis